Author | IT Professional Services Executive | Software Sales Executive | Management Consulting Lead | PMO Operations Director | Professional Services Consultant | Senior Program & Project Manager
C. Gary Rupp brings more than 30 years of executive-level experience in information technology (IT). His experience encompasses management consulting, IT sales and professional services, and program and project management. Mr. Rupp has directly managed more than 30 enterprise-class IT programs and projects, with the last nine years focused almost exclusively on managing large enterprise Health IT Programs at the US. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), CORAM Specialty Infusion Services, and Kaiser Permanente.
Author of four books for IT specialists
- Driving DevOps with Value Stream Management (2021)
- Scaling Scrum Across Modern Enterprises (2020)
- Building our Digital World: SDLC Foundations (2020)
- Building our Digital World: IT tools and templates (2019)Learn More About the Author
Published Author – Four books for IT specialists on SDLC methods and tools, Lean-Agile practices, DevOps, scaling Scrum, and value stream management (VSM). His latest, Driving DevOps with Value Stream Management, was released on July 30, 2021.
- Software Product Manager – led team to develop an integrated-computer aided systems engineering (I-CASE) suite of tools for modeling business processes, data, functions, information, object-oriented analysis, processes, simulation, and ontologies.
- IT Program Manager – Profitably managed software deliveries across more than twenty IT projects and programs ranging in value up to $52 million in revenues, coordinated the work of up to 115 employees and contractors, and supported as many as twenty software development teams across sixty-six software delivery increments for a large Health IT client.
- Failing Projects/ Program Recovery –brought in as a professional consultant specifically to fix seven failing programs and projects over the past 15 years and successfully turned them around to meet their delivery requirements within allotted schedules and budgets.
- IT Professional Services Director – Led Corporate HQ team that developed and deployed reusable professional service offerings, methods, and tools to 4000 Business and IT Consultants deployed worldwide. Profitably built IT professional services practice from zero to more than 100 people over three years.
- IT Sales – Has successfully bid and won numerous IT software products and professional service contracts ranging in value up to $50 Million. Also, the leading sales rep in a $250 million international software company that AT&T subsequently acquired.
- Executive Management – Vice President of Sales for a Silicon Valley Startup company from its second round of funding through its successful IPO. Worldwide AVP for $1 billion software firm managing 80 direct, indirect, and channel sales employees. Director and VP roles in IT-related professional services. SVP Professional services for a top twenty SDVOSB company.
- Certified SAFe 5 Program Consultant ID No. 24488227-0897
- PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP) – PMP Number: 243644.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) – ID No. 650996.
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) ID No. 650996.
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) Practitioner.
Founded in March 2010, Mr. Rupp established Command Results to provide IT consulting services to Federal Prime Contractors in the disciplines of business development, capture management, IT technical proposal management, and large scale program and project management. As an independent consultant, Mr. Rupp also provides a range of services to large federal agencies and health care IT clients, including project and program management, business requirements analysis, concept of operations (CONOPS) investigations, and implementation of modern systems development practices.
With a primary focus on managing very large and complex Health IT programs for commercial and federal agency clients, Command Results has participated in numerous exciting IT projects. Mr. Rupp also provides senior-level expertise in support of federal acquisitions, project and program management, project management office (PMO) operations, and systems development practices.